Monday, March 16, 2015

Wocket In My Pocket


"Did you ever have the feeling there's a WASKET in your BASKET? ...Or a NUREAU in you BUREAU? ...Or a WOSET in you CLOSET?  Sometimes I feel quite CERTAIN there's a JERTAIN in the CURTAIN."       On Thursday we read There's a Wocket in My Pocket.  The children were challenged to wear as many pockets as they could.  My goodness, were these students ever clever!  We made a tally chart of all our pockets, then counted by 5's to discover that our class wore 109 pockets on Thursday!  Wow!

Dr. Seuss has so many crazy ideas and characters.  We have had sometime this week to explore a website called Seussville.  The website is packed full of games, activities, videos, and printables.  The children love it!




In the afternoon, we enjoyed the book Hop on Pop read aloud by an app.  Each of the Dr. Seuss books has an app (digital book) with a fluent reading of the story.  I love these OceanhouseMedia apps because the children can hear the book over and over with out my tongue getting tied in knots.  I also love them for in the car.  My children listen to the book on our way to gymnastics, a great way to sneak in a little more reading.  You can check out the series of apps by clicking here.  Of course, Hop on Pop is best enjoyed with some "Hop on Popcorn."




No comments:

Post a Comment