Friday, February 9, 2018

White Ribbon Week


In January we had White Ribbon Week.  The week was a series of lessons and discussions to empower our students to take an active role in protecting themselves from harmful media.  The week was full of positive, upbeat activities promoting the use of technology in safe, respectful, and productive ways. 




Everyday during the week, the students learned a power statement.  If they could say the days power statement and answer some questions they received some sort of prize.  For instance, the first day students earned a Powerade, donated by Coke.  Another day, students earned a turn with boxing gloves.  Here are the week's important power statements.

  • I have the power to not view embarrassing pictures or share hurtful words.
  • I have the power to tell a trusted adult if something doesn't feel right.
  • I have the power to ask before I download.
  • I have the power to turn it off.
  • I have the power to help those around me make safe choices online.
Thank you to the PTA for leading this wonderful awareness week for our students and family.  Please join the discussion about online safety.  The website whiteribbonweek.org had some great resources and ideas to keep the learning going at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment