Saturday, January 7, 2017

Toast to 2017!


It was so wonderful to see my Connected Combo today.  I missed them!  I loved the break and time with my family....but I also have the best job in the world.  It was great to be back! We started 2017 at school with a toast....well, toast at least.  As part of our morning snack, we ate toast and "toasted" the new year!  We reflected on 2016 and discussed resolutions.  We, of course,  did some school 2017 goal setting.  




Resolutions are more likely to be kept if we write them down and have friends and family hold us accountable.  The students made a 2017 flip book to guide our reflection and goal setting.  I sent home your child's flipbook on Wednesday!  Please take a look and we can help each other out!  Happy New Year!


 First, students wrote the best part of 2016.  Look at this cutie!  She said "being in the combo!"  Melt my heart!  On the 0 page, students picked something they wanted to stop doing.  In the sample below, a first grader wrote "I will stop talking while somebody is talking."  The 1 page is for a personal goal, like keeping bedrooms clean!  Parents, you really want to check that page out.  The last page was for school goals.  Lots of children wrote to "challenge themselves."  How exciting is that?  Can't wait to see what the year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment