Thursday, November 24, 2016

Turkey Time


Have I told you lately how much I love these turkeys!  I am so thankful for all the children in the wonderful group.  This week we did some turkey themed learning.  From the turkey handshake (above) to our thankful books shaped like turkeys, we love learning.


One of the student's favorite turkey activities was the turkey STEM challenge.  The students had to create a shelter to conceal a turkey.  They worked with a partner to design and create the shelter using classroom materials like Jenga blocks, legos, base ten blocks, or dominos.  These are some clever engineers.






We are just loving STEM.  I can't wait to get back in December and begin our first Project Lead the Way module and some computer science.  I sure hope you and yours have a very sweet Thanksgiving.  Enjoy the pie and loved ones....and here is a hand turkey parade in the spirit of Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment